So we finally have it, Barry London’s second official lesson. If you haven’t seen the previous one it’s right here. The idea we came up with was that seeing as how for some reason every character in my lessons is called, Barry, we’d just embrace this and create a person and give him a string of lessons. They’re for different levels and will look at different aspects of the language. Also, they do not need to be done in any sequence. They do not build on each other.
This one is very different to our normal lessons in that it looks at descriptive writing and study skills in more detail than we normally would. It started out as a low level lesson but it was most definitely a high level one by the end.
I’d recommend this lesson as something different to do at the end of the week or course or for more creative students. It’s definitely not a straight grammar lesson.
- Level: Upper Intermediate / Advanced
- Time: 2 – 3 hours
- Objective: to encourage sts to record language in context and to think about metaphors and imagery in creative writing.
- Barry London arrives in London – teacher’s copy – Answers / notes
- Barry London arrives in London – student copy WORD
- Procedure Barry London story – Procedure
- Barry London arrives in London PDF -student copy PDF